What will I learn on the course?
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to better use your dive computer and Recreational Dive Planner
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
There are two compulsory adventure dives; Deep Diver and Underwater Navigator. You can choose 3 of the following elective dives to complete your certification:
- AWARE-Fish Identification
- Underwater Naturalist
- Boat Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Photography
- Multilevel Diver
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Drift Diver
- Underwater Videography
How long will the course take?
The Advanced Course is run over two days on EVOLUTION.
You will complete some basic theory in the comfort of our air-conditioned saloons then complete 5 training dives from the selection above, and 1 fun dive to practice your newly discovered skills.
When can I start the course?
Course start on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
You can split up your days as you wish. For more details please Contact our Reservations Staff.
What if I've already got my Adventure Certification?
No need to do the whole course!
If you've already completed your Adventure certification your half way to Advanced already. Just enrol in the Adventure Diver Course to complete your remaining Adventure Dives.
Alternatively you can enrol in the Full Advanced Course and spend your second day doing 3 Fun dives on Osprey V